I gave my dog Oscar to a bigger family who can give him much more attention than I ever could. Working 9:30am-6:30pm and making a 40 minute drive to and from took a lot of time away from my sweet little dog. He's a long-haired miniature dachsundt. Here's a picture:
He was acting out for attention for weeks. Knocking food out of his bowl, spilling water all over the kitchen floor, doing his business everywhere I wouldn't find it unless I was really looking for it, and just being all around extremely jealous of my boyfriend, Michael. I tried my hardest to give him as much attention as I could but it just wasn't enough.
So, a family from my parent's church took him into their home. They live in the country, have 3 kids, the mother works during the day, the father works during the night, and they have another small dog for him to play with! I was thrilled to know that there would always be someone there to love on him and take care of him. He served his purpose for me and now he deserves to be happy and loved by this family.
I have to wrap this up before I burst into tears...again. I miss him, but I'm glad I was strong enough to realize that he deserves better.

No comments:
Post a Comment